Cherries

Monday, June 24, 2013

Happy Birthday Dave!

Happy Monday!
 
Happy Birthday Dave! Guess what you get for your birthday this year? Rain! It's raining. It's June! What the heck? Frankly, it's okay, it's nice to have the smell of rain in the air and things looking less dry and dusty and more fresh and clean. Take it in because we will be back to triple digits sooner than we all think!




 
 
In other news, Mason did his cooking demo in Petaluma and guess what, that same evening we made it back to Sacramento where Dave was standing in line for Mason to meet Guy Fieri! Mason was over the moon, but Dave and I were less than enthused. People have told me that Guy has a big ego and is not always very polite and I chalked it up to the idea that people don't always understand the workings of celebrity events. Nope! They were right, he was less than cordial, didn't converse with Mason even with Mason excitedly sharing that he had just come from doing a live cooking demo in Petaluma. When I say I feel like Guy didn't even see us, I'm certain he didn't see any of us. Though he did sign an apron for Mason, when we asked if we could take a photo with just he and Mason, he all but said, "What the F@#$? I said ONE picture!" Really? And yes, it was the "F" word he was forming with his mouth though he didn't say it out loud. Mason was excited to get the autograph and I was happy Mason was excited. Enough about celebrity egos, let's talk about more cheerful subjects.
 
 
Over the weekend I was honored to be asked to donate a RiverLights Original to a wonderful charity. Through the exchange process and a lovely conversation, I ended up getting a phone call that I had been enrolled in a local painting class I was really wanting to attend. I have always been creative and artistic, but never felt as though I could paint a worthy canvas. Guess what? I did it! I painted "Starry Sky Over Sacramento." I can't wait to paint more, and I want to paint bigger. I want to paint a huge canvas to hang in the living room above the couch. Just wait, I will write all about it when I do.
 
So now we are back to work and school. Mason is loving culinary school and we are gearing up for his cooking demo at the Napa County Fair on July 4th. We have reservations to spend a few nights in the Napa Valley as a family while Mason has this gig scheduled. Oh, and did I tell you he is getting paid? Yes, an all day ride wristband! Don't laugh, that could be the equivalent of $30-40 dollars. Mason's demo is not until 7 PM so we will spend the day at the fair letting Mason ride and we will take in all that Napa has to offer. If you are interested, you can see Mason in action in Petaluma last Wednesday on his channel on You Tube. 
 
I'm selling real estate having taken a listing for a lot and yesterday I was out showing properties to buyers. I think I will be writing an offer in the next day or so, I'm pretty excited about that! Okay, enough, it's time to get to whatever it is we need to be getting to. Have a great week and think about this, "Continue to perpetuate the truth you want to realize." This has been at the forefront of my thoughts this week as I make a more concentrated effort to focus on that which I would like to see growing in my life. Have a great week and focus on the good!
 

No comments: