Cherries

Monday, July 29, 2013

Getting Back to Normal

Happy Monday!
Summer is in full swing, but with school starting on August 14th, it feels more like it is winding down. I guess it's a bit of both, since we typically have really nice weather well into late November. School starting just means we get back into a rhythm while still enjoying long days and warm nights.
 
Mason did his last cooking demo at the state fair and he did it with his usual style and flair. It was an especially memorable demo because he had lots of love in the audience. Julie Ballard, Lisa Leis, Dave, and several of his instructors and fellow students from Napoli Culinary Academy. Yes! Mason did a cooking demo with his teachers in the audience! If that's not some pressure for a 9 year old, I don't know what is. Mason pulled it off like a rock star and a few days later had this to say, "You know mom, Julie was like, Smile! Smile Mason! and taking my picture. I smiled, but I wanted to say to her, 'You know, this is what I do, it's no big deal, I do it all the time. It's just what I like to do.'" Now we are done with cooking demos until September when he will be cooking at the TomatoFest here in Auburn. For August, Mason is going to teach everyone how to make homemade Smoshpellows on GoodDay Sacramento (August 8th in the 9 AM hour).
 
Dave is off to Arkansas for training and Mason and I are getting back to business as usual - culinary school (him), real estate (me), and planning his two big fundraisers for his school kitchen remodel (us). Have a super duper week and remember, the way to make your dreams come true is one little action at a time!

No comments: