Cherries

Monday, August 5, 2013

Contest News!

Happy Monday!
I don't mean to rush summer, but this morning I felt a chill in the air and saw some of the gorgeous colors of fall peeking out of the green leaves on the tress in my neighborhood. I wonder if I will ever stop feeling the excitement I feel as the fall season approaches. I sure hope not and if today is any indication, my enthusiasm is alive a well.
 
Mason and I have been busy in the kitchen and we made a video for an upcoming contest that could be big - Uncle Ben's "Let's Get Kids Cooking" contest. The prize is super cool - $15,000 cash, a trip to NYC to appear on the Rachael Ray Show, AND $30,000 to make over the winner's school kitchen! YES! All the money Mason is trying to raise plus $5,000. There are 3 Runner-Up prizes that also include cash and money to the student's school. Here are the criteria for the video submissions:
  • Personality and ability to engage and inspire the audience (20%);
  • Level of enthusiasm for the recipe and cooking (20%);
  • Demonstrating a basic knowledge of food and recipe (20%);
  • Creativity in responding to the questions posed by Entrant (20%); and
  • Votes: the total number of votes that the Video received on Facebook during the Public Voting Period (20%).
  •  
    I don't like the voting aspect of the contest (you all know how I feel about voting contests! #Unfair), but Mason can ace the other 80% of the criteria. We worked as a family last night and made our video since the submissions opened on 7/29. The sooner we get in the game, the better I think our chances are of getting votes, and being seen by more people. I will be sure to send the link to Mason's video as soon as I get confirmation that it has been approved for the contest. Keep your fingers crossed and send good winning-ju-ju our way.
     
    In other news, Dave made it home safely from Arkansas and we had a lovely weekend with not much on our agenda. We got some chores done, Mason washed my car, we grilled, ate outside and laughed by the fire on Saturday night, and on Sunday, Mason and I went to pick some apples and fig, we made smoshpellows for Mason's upcoming segment with GoodDay Sacramento, and we filmed our contest video for Uncle Ben's. Now we're back to work and school just like all of you. I hope you have a week that is filled with positivity, good friends, and laughter.

     

    No comments: