Cherries

Monday, October 28, 2013

Just Let it be Over Already!

I'm not welcoming you to Monday because it's not getting off to a very good start...why would you want to be here? I don't!
 
In any case, Mason was suppose to appear on Fox 40 News with his culinary school and of course, everything went wrong. We were running late getting out the door, I couldn't find my car keys, when I finally did, the car was on empty so I had to stop. We've all had them, "one of those days." I try not to let this kind of stuff set the tone for my whole day, but I didn't succeed this time. We got to the culinary school to learn that Fox 40 cancelled due to breaking news. Really?! And nobody could call me? I ended up bringing Mason back to school in Auburn as it would have just been too long a day to leave him until Dave could pick him up at 5 PM. This is nothing but a rant about nonsense, but it is the nonsense that will get our goat if we don't take a deep breath and recognize that it really is nothing, nothing at all. Because I didn't just shake it off, my whole day was off-color and I was ready to just hit the reset button. I was glad that the rest of my family was ready to bid Monday farewell and we all went to bed early.
 
So a Manic Monday on the heels of a really fun weekend make the way this Monday went all the more disappointing. We had Mason's last football game on Saturday and then it was time for Halloween parties. Mason was invited to a sleepover and that worked out really well for Dave and I, as we were able to go out with our friends and not have to worry about someone to stay with Mr. Mason. I went with one of my classics, Ms. Cruella DeVille while Dave dressed as a Roman Gladiator. This was the first year in a long time that we didn't dress as a couple as I made the point, we have 4 large tubs of costumes, let's recycle some of them - so we did. Now we are getting ready to carve pumpkins and trick-or-treat. What about you, do you have plans for Halloween?
 
My week didn't get off to a very good start, but I am not going to let it color my whole week. Let's make something great happen, if not for ourselves, for someone we love! Happy Halloween!

No comments: