Cherries

Monday, November 4, 2013

Time is Speeding By!

Welcome to a new week, is it just me or are the weeks coming and going faster than normal? It seems like I just brought the garbage can up and it's time to take it to the curb again...I've been told that the apparent speeding up of time is a sure sign of old age - yes, the older we get the faster time seems to go by! This week, Mason was featured in our local paper regarding the work he is doing to raise money for his school kitchen project. It was a big story and well written and much to out delight, several offers of help have come from the exposure. One person suggested we apply for an annual grant from our local Lions club, another offered up cash, and several others asked how they could help. There are two opportunities that have the potential to yield more than half of what Mason is trying to raise. All in all, I would say it looks like we could have a new kitchen for the next school year!
 
Other than my life with Mason I am learning tons in the world of real estate. it never seems like I am learning fast enough or remembering the thing I learned in the last transaction, but I have been assured and encouraged by the people I work with to not be so hard on myself, I just really hate the proverbial learning curve - I like to be the person who knows what is going on and typically has the answers, not all the questions. Someday!
 
It's November and that means if you haven't been able to make it to one of Mason's live cooking demos, your last chance is fast approaching. Mason will be cooking at the 20th Annual Mandarin Festival on Sunday, November 24th. If the weather keeps up like it's been, it will be a lovely fall day in the foothills. Mandarins are already being picked and they are sweet as can be! Mason's school is making mandarin marmalade, mandarin cranberry preserves, and mandarin pepper jelly to sell as a fundraiser. It will be $6 a 1/2 pint and I can tell you already, it is delicious! All three, although the mandarin pepper jelly seems to be the favorite. If my Alameda friends want to preorder some, let me know as I will be in San Francisco on the 22nd and 23rd, I would be happy to deliver it to you - it will make a great Christmas gift! If any of my Vacaville friends want some, I can certainly stop and drop off at Julie's on our way down.
 
I hope you are all enjoying this awesome time of year, it's my favorite! Have a productive week and I would love to hear what is new in your neck of the woods!

No comments: