Cherries

Monday, November 11, 2013

Happy Veteran's Day!

Happy Veteran's Day! It's a holiday for most "jobs" but in fact, there are many of us who work no matter what day it is. Moms and dads, emergency medical responders, police, fire fighters, and more all work on holidays. For those of us who have the day off, what's on tap? I'm actually really getting in the holiday spirit, it's earlier than usual, but fall came early this year so I decided to just go with it.
 
Mason has been working on recipes for two upcoming television appearances and his cooking demo at the 20th Anniversary of the Mandarin Festival in two weeks. He is cooking on Sunday and also planning to defend his Snow's Citrus Court award in the recipe contest that same day. It's a busy time of year to be sure and it's really lots of fun that our whole family is feeling the excitement of the holiday season.
 
Kathy's Cookie Factory will be opening soon and I can't wait. I have several new cookie designs in addition to my annual favorites. I'll post pictures as they come off the line. What are your plans for the holidays? Will you be staying home or traveling to see family? We will be staying close to home. Have a wonderful short work week and I'll see you next week!

No comments: