Cherries

Monday, April 21, 2014

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter! I know, it was yesterday, but it's still such a lovely spring sentiment and I do hope your Easter was a happy one. Ours was, although we spent much of our weekend working. Dave decided to tackle the garage even though I begged him not to - it's just such a monumental project! He set his mind to it and had it all cleaned out and put back together before he came in to make our Easter dinner on Sunday. Mason and I took on what felt like a project as big as the garage, Mason's bedroom. Now I know, other moms tell me it is not my job to clean his room, but once a year I feel like I need to do it if for nothing else, just to get the crap out of it. And when I say crap, I mean crap! He had all kinds of garbage under his bed; candy wrappers, empty juice boxes, paper cups, and God knows what else. It's normal, I know my room was awful when I was growing up, but I don't recall having trash like that in my mess. In any case, it's clean now - likely just for a few hours. We also cleaned the living room and bathrooms - I take great pride in having taught Mason to properly clean a toilet by hand and wash a floor, yep, on his hands and knees! He wasn't all that enthused, but I know when the day comes that he wants to impress a woman, he will know how to clean his house - and of course, he already knows how to cook, all I need to do now is sewing on a button and ironing. Laughing!

Mason has some cooking demos coming up, he will be at Fairy Tale Town in Sacramento this Saturday from 5-8 with Raley's and the Sacramento Junior League for Family FunFest. Mason will be doing 2 or 3 cooking demos in Mr. McGregor's Garden sharing with kids that eating healthy tastes good. He will also be on Good Day Sacramento on Tuesday the 6th and on Fox 40 on Wednesday the 7th talking about his kitchen project and his upcoming demos at the Auburn Home Show (May 16, 17, 18). And if that isn't enough, he will also be at BerryFest in Roseville on May 10th at 2 pm cooking up something Berrylicious! He's a busy kid - better busy than in trouble, right?! 

Mason also had his play this weekend - Agustus Gloop in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. He did a great job and as I suspected, he is already looking forward to his next play. We went to several community egg hunts and colored eggs on Saturday night. We wound up our weekend with a big bonfire in the backyard - we burned our cedar garlands and Christmas tree - it's like we got double the pleasure from those holiday purchases! All in all it was an awesome fun-filled weekend. Now it's back to work and school, Dave is traveling two days here, home a day, gone a day, home two days, gone 5 days...I think it's going to be like this through May, June and July. So it goes, we all do what we gotta do. I hope you are well and your Easter was as lovely as ours was. Make this week something memorable even if it's just to say kind words to stranger. With love! Kathy

No comments: