Cherries

Monday, April 14, 2014

Weekend Ups and Downs

Hi Friends,
It's been a bit of a roller coaster this weekend - Dave was away for work while Mason had a full schedule with a birthday party and a dress rehearsal for his upcoming performance of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I thought I would have some time to myself to get some work done and clean the house - but that was not to be. Instead, I battled what appears to have been a small kidney stone. Yikes! That was awful, I hope I never have to have that experience again. All night Friday and most of Saturday! was incredibly painful. I landed in urgent care, they did some tests, gave me a shot in the rear and sent me home...the shot made me feel much better. With all that excitement, who wanted to clean house? Not me!
There is lots going on this week and as usual, lots of irons in the fire. Mason is preparing for a very busy month in May of cooking demos, and he has his first paid gig coming up. Raley's has hired him to do a special event with the Junior League of Sacramento at Fairy Tale Town on April 26th. He will do 2-3 half hour cooking demos from 5-8. It's their annual Family Fun Fest and it looks like it will be just that, fun! After that, Mason is doing two television spots on Fox 40 (May 6) and Good Day Sacramento (May 7), then the BerryFest in Roseville on Saturday May 10th (2 PM) and finally, he will work the whole weekend of May 16, 17 and 18 at the Auburn Home Show. He will do two cooking demos (Sat and Sun) and will also have a booth to raise money for his school kitchen. Whew! That's a busy month! Mason will have more of his handcrafted cake plates for sale and Save Mart has donated the baked goods to go on them.

I hope you are all well and enjoying the longer days - I know we are! Have a fantastic week and we'll check back in next time.  

No comments: