Cherries

Monday, April 7, 2014

Happy 80s All Week!

It’s Monday and our weather forecast is showing temps in the 80s all week. I know CA needs more rain, but I can’t say I’m disappointed, I am loving the sunshine! This weekend was as lovely as they come, Dave had to work on Saturday so Mason and I slept in, had lunch with friends, ran a few errands and then came home to watch documentaries on Steve Jobs. Mason is doing a project on Jobs so we are learning all kinds of interesting things, like the way they invented the computer mouse. Jobs explained to his team what he wanted and like so many things, just left them to come up with the technology to make it happen. As for the mouse, it was created from a prototype that consisted of a roll-on deodorant ball and the top to a butter dish - true story! Dave came home and we all watched Talladega Nights with Will Ferrel - I forgot how funny that movie is. Sunday we all slept in and once we were all up and awake, we headed in different directions. Mason started conditioning for football, Dave went to watch the NASCAR race while I headed to the river to paint some rocks. It was pure bliss to be at the river, there was a gentle breeze, it was clear and darn near hot. I worked on a rock for a friend and I also pulled out my paints and painted a really pretty mosaic (remember, most of what I do, I do with pens). I am hoping I will have some time this afternoon after I pick Mason up from school to head back down to the river to photograph it. I plan to put some effort into my RiverLights Originals line this year because this time next year I want to be prepping to go to the largest licensing show in the country in Las Vegas. Yep, I think my stuff is good enough to be on calendars, note cards and more. Heck, I see no point in reinventing the wheel!
Now it's back to business as usual, school and work. Did you do anything fun this weekend? Sometimes, nothing is just the something you need! Have the best week ever. Kath

No comments: