Cherries

Monday, February 16, 2015

Intimacy

Intimacy at the Inn
Happy Monday after Valentines Day! 

Dave and I spent a lovely weekend in the El Dorado county wine country where we took in some beautiful springlike weather, lots of wine tasting, good food and I even worked a bit. Actually, it was a trip that was mostly work, but under the circumstances, I'm not sure I can call what I do work at all. I have a 5 acre parcel for sale in that neck of the woods and I needed to get my sign up. I also created some flyers and posted those at every mini-mart, grocery store, hardware store, restaurant, Inn and winery - yes, Inn and winery(ies)! Seriously, I call that simply working smart. 



We went to the Charles Mitchell Winery in Fairplay where they were hosting a bottle your own wine event, that was an absolute blast! The wine was really good and I am now in the process of designing labels for the two cases of wine we bottled and bought. Hey, if I bottled it, it's "my" wine and I can label it as I see fit! I really took this opportunity to not only market a piece of property, it was also some time away for Dave and I. 

Since December, Dave has been working with his sister to help his mom transition to an assisted living facially and it's not been easy for anyone. Dave and Terese have been faced with the daunting task of being respectful adult children while also having to take charge and make decisions for their mom. Many of you have been through this with different story lines, but the bottom line is, it's not easy. Things have settled down and everyone is adjusting, but this time away is just what we needed. I knew for sure when Dave was so tired on Saturday night, that he was struggling to keep his eyes open at dinner. We went back to our Inn and he was sound asleep before 9 PM. I had to chuckle, he was fighting sleep like a 4 year old fights an afternoon nap! It was sleep he really needed and I'm glad he finally gave in and let his body and soul rest. That's what happens when one marries a strong, hard working man, he has a tough time admitting he too must really let go and rest. 

We did some wine tasking, purchased and thoroughly enjoyed a piece of whiskey cheddar cheese and most of all, we just enjoyed each others company. I believe the time we slip away as an adult couple to reconnect is one of the the reasons we are still so in love after 13+ years of marriage. It's not as much about sex as it is about intimacy - time to reflect and remember why we fell in love to begin with. If you haven't gotten away with your lover, make plans and do it, you will be glad you did. And yes, I said lover, not husband, wife, partner, spouse, but lover. And for my single friends, you all need to make time for yourselves - get away and reconnect with all the things that you know make you great! A weekend away as a single lady is on my calendar for at least one weekend out of every year!

With all that said, Mason was over the moon to have us home (another benefit of going away, your kids appreciate you just a little more - absence makes the heart grow fonder, right?) and we fell happily right back into the day to day monotony of our lives. Yep, right back to our happily ever after...Happy Monday!

No comments: