Cherries

Monday, February 8, 2016

Chicago Was A Blast!

Mason and I have been in Chicago for the last four days and we've had a ball. I can't share all the details yet but suffice it to say, we have more excitement on the horizon. Mason participated in a cooking competition of sorts and when we weren't working, we got to visit the Shedd Aquarium, did some shopping on Magnificent Mile where Mason purchased some cool gold football cleats, we had two kinds of deep dish pizza, and we visited a ramen restaurant off the beaten path - it was phenomenal! Speaking of the pizza, we all know that Chicago style pizza is heavy on the toppings and deep dish style but what I didn't realize is that the crust is croissant like. It's lighter, flaky and quite buttery. My next question to the locals was, "Do Chicagoans eat cold pizza?" I'm thinking no because it's so thick, it would be like eating cold lasagne, just too much cheese to eat cold. The only thing that could have made the trip better is if Dave could have come with us.

I keep thinking what a gift it is that Mason's culinary talents are taking him on these awesome adventures, and he's only 12 years old! He's been to NYC, CT, IL, and of course many counties in CA. I have no doubt he will see the world because of his ability to cook and entertain.

Now I have to see what I can get unpacked and put away before we take off for Lake Tahoe this Friday. Happy Monday!

No comments: