Cherries

Monday, February 22, 2016

So Much To Share, So Little Gumption To Share It.

It's Monday again (not really, I'm so far behind, it's really Wednesday).  It's been a wild ride, the Partaks have been under the weather to different degrees at different times since a week ago Friday. It started with me on our way to Tahoe feeling not quite like myself. All weekend long I was a bit lethargic, feeling a familiar unwelcome sensation, and losing my voice. I nursed my cold with cough drops and drank lots of cranberry juice, yeah, I added vodka, and on Monday a trip to the urgent care confirmed I had a cold and a urinary tract infection. I made my way through the week and as I was feeling better and sending Dave off to S. CA for work, Mason made a visit to my bedroom at 4 AM crying with ear pain. Since it was Saturday, the only option was the ER and that confirmed a double ear infection. We got the antibiotics going for Mason only for Dave to return home on Sunday having spent 3 nights at an Embassy Suites that had an infestation of bed bugs. Yes, I'm sure that's what it was as his body (armpits to mid-thigh) is covered in bites that look a bit like little sores, and he says they hurt. We made it three for thee to the urgent care/ER for the Partak Team and Dave was diagnosed with a cold and yes, lots of bed bug bites. The good thing about bed bugs, if there is a good thing, is that they don't typically stay with you, they bite you, enjoy the feast and then stay in bed. Of course, any kind of "buggy" thing related to bed makes all those around you suddenly feel itchy and the need to scratch just happens. Thank goodness it was clear to us (Embassy Suites denies that they have an issue) that this is where they were as Dave used his personal vehicle for the trip and only stayed at this one place. We sanitized all of his clothes including his shoes even though it's not likely that he brought them home. Although, they could hang on I guess, how do they get to hotels? Isn't it funny, I'm itching as I write this and I know we don't have them here at home. The power of suggestion is alive and well!

I have so much more to share but I am just not up for the telling of the tales. I will get to writing on my Intentional Winning blog as I set my new years resolution to write 365 posts this year and I am sorely behind. I keep making notes of the things I want to write about, but I underestimated how much time moving would take and how tired and uninspired I would be to write. I will catch up and I will meet my goal. I will. Happy Monday! Okay, it's not really Monday, but in years to come, will anyone know or remember that I back dated this post? I don't think so. ;)


No comments: