Cherries

Monday, March 7, 2016

BUSY! BUSY! BUSY!

Two speeches, a magazine article, the Celebrity Chef fundraiser, and the science fair - it's been another busy week! If you are interested in what it's like to hear Mason give a speech, you can see him in action here.

Mason has a natural ability to stand up in front of an audience and deliver a message, and it seems he is on his way to living my dreams. Laughing! Some parents live vicariously through their children, I find that my kid is chasing my dreams and catching them. I think it's amazing, no, it's more than amazing, it's awesome!

Style Magazine is a local publication that did a story on Mason and his win on Chopped Junior. That article is out now and it has created a bit of a buzz resulting in several other opportunities that are coming down the pike. You can see the article here.

The Celebrity Chef event was fun. Mason made beef street tacos with his homemade salsa. 100 tacos served and a raffle won, we headed home to get a good nights sleep before the science fair. Mason did a great job with his presentation but is that any surprise? No! He didn't win anything with his "Does Age Affect Taste" experiment, but he will likely get an A on the assignment in his class. He has one more regional fair to go to the first weekend in April and then that will be that for science fairs in the sixth grade.

Now it's time to get my nose to the grindstone and get more boxes emptied. I'm pretty hellbent that if it doesn't have a place in the house, it can't stay. Seriously, if it needs to be in a box in the garage and it's not a seasonal decoration, it needs to be of use and have a place. I've even reached a point that I don't need to sell it, I just need it to be gone. The space and order in my home is more important to me than the few dollars I can get for some used thing. Do you know what I mean? Happy Monday!

No comments: