Cherries

Monday, April 25, 2016

Rodeo Dance Date Night

Happy Monday! It's pretty bad when "busy" reaches the point that I can't decide what I want to share with you because it would take too long, and be too much reading to share it all. I'm thinking that I need a Monday Motivator Mid-Week Update at this point, but that would require me making time to sit and write at another point in the same week. 

This last week was Rodeo week here in Auburn and it's always fun when we can get involved. Dave and I volunteered on Saturday working the bar (selling tickets) so you know it was a crazy day. I was excited because Saturday night was the rodeo dance and there was a Buck Ford concert scheduled outside in Old Town Auburn and I had a new dress to wear on my date with Dave. He must have been excited, too because he went out and bought a new shirt to match my dress. I know, schmoop! In any case, the rodeo was off the hook busy and we worked like mad people from 1:30 - 6:30 PM and by the time it was time to get ready to go out, I didn't want to go. We did go but because we were so tired it was not the date night I had anticipated. There in lies the trouble with expectations! I can't help it, I have them. I have them with regard to my relationships, my friends, and my experiences. I've written about this before so I won't belabor the subject, but we had a good time anyway. It was fun to dress up, dance a few country dances and remember who we were and what we were doing back in the day when we fell in love. I think all couples could do that, do the things you used to do to remind you....

Mason is in full entrepreneur mode, he is working on camera, selling spiralizers, making money doing live cooking demos, and he is entertaining starting a business this summer repairing window screens. Yes, that's what I said! Our friends Shirley and Harry taught him how to do it yesterday and he thinks he has a knack for it. Sure, smaller screens, not so tough, bigger ones, well, that might be another story! I'm not going to say no, hey, if he thinks he can, he can. I wonder where he gets that from? Hmmm! ;)

No comments: