Cherries

Monday, March 20, 2017

First Week on Set

He did it! He got the lenses in.
It's been an exciting week, 3 days in a row on a movie set, watching Mason live my dream and can I tell you, I think it's better helping him succeed. I don't know all the way because I didn't get this far in my pursuit, but I also didn't start until I was 30. I had to figure it out, pay my own way, learn the ropes and then wouldn't you know, 7 years into that journey, I was a working actor and Dave and I found our love of a lifetime blossoming. It was a no brainer and here I am today not only living it with Mason, but giving him the gifts of an early start, knowing how to navigate these waters for him, and a love of the business that I see growing in his heart more each day. I'm just so full of gratitude and love, my eyes are welling. I just can't say "thank you" enough. So now he has homework, he needs to practice putting in creepy white contact lenses for filming next week. With his determination, I'm sure he'll make it happen. 


But now since I've been gone for 3 days, I have laundry to do, groceries to get, dinner to prep...laughing! All I really want to do is nothing, lie in bed, watch tv and doze off. Ah, but that is not to be, it's back to real life, which is pretty dang awesome, too!

Speaking of pretty dang awesome, my hubby bought tickets for us to see Beauty and the Beast this weekend. I was really excited and it was good, but I wasn't wowed. The cinematography was great and the CGI was state of the art, but I didn't like that they didn't stay true to the story. Okay, they did mostly, but they added songs, which was fine, but they changed up who Belle's father is/was, where he was going, and why. The fight scene at the castle seemed even longer in this film than it did in the original animation (which was too long in my opinion as well), and finally, the ballroom dance scene seemed to be downplayed. They could have made the dance more of a focal point and the fight less so. I don't know, maybe I'm just nit picking, but that's my two cents. Dave would be sure to add that I did sing along to all the original songs and I loved being there with him. So check this out, these are side by side images of the two of us when we got engaged in 2001 and our last family photos in 2016 - isn't it cool how much the same we still look? Okay, older for sure, but still happy. I think our love shows, don't you?

2001 and 2016

No comments: