Cherries

Monday, December 4, 2017

I Know How You Feel!


This was from a friend on Facebook last week. I didn't reply immediately, but after sleeping on it and knowing I had been in these same shoes, I replied -

I read this thread yesterday and can totally relate. I've been in your shoes and thought I would offer up my thoughts on this... Back in 2012 I penned this post 






Then last year...





Ultimately, I offer you this, you are a grown woman with a beautiful family. Make Christmas what you want it to be, for you, for your husband and for your kids. Give the gifts that give you joy, and if it's from a list, great! If not, well, it's the gift you are choosing to give. Some years, I give the gift of nothing because I love you too much to give some thing, just to give it. If you get nothing one or two years and then get something, it's because I saw it and it spoke to me for you! People come around and some may even follow suit, but be you authentically, teach your kids to be able to stand up and be who they are without worrying about the repercussions of extended family natter. It may be difficult initially, but it gets easier and it makes the holidays so much more enjoyable. Go start enjoying yourself, life is too short to always conform.

No comments: