Cherries

Monday, October 15, 2018

Good Bye Ty

You know, I'm sitting here crying thinking about Ty Rowe and his family and our town and how polarized this world is right now. The fact of the matter is that we as people and a community are allowing the politicians and media to divide us. Why? We don't hate, we don't judge before we help, we are not the political agendas of those who live their lives for personal gain. Our family has been treated badly by a select few in this town and it's so sad to me that people feel the need to be mean simply for the sake of being mean. Ty, I can hear you telling me today like you've told me so many times before, "Fuck 'em, Kathy. You and Dave are amazing people with a family and life that most would kill for. Keep being awesome you and fuck 'em." People, choose your words carefully, they are powerful, they touch people deeply, be kind.

Ty passed away after a short illness and I am simply devastated. He mentored Mason in the world of food and he was a true friend to Dave and I like few other people. Rest in peace Ty, you will be missed more than most. You touched lives deeply, mine for sure. 

No comments: