Cherries

Monday, October 1, 2018

Quotes That Resonate

"If you have lost confidence in your ability to win, make a list, not of the factors that are against you, but of those that are for you. Your inner power will reassert itself and lift you from defeat to victory." Norman Vincent Peale
I posted this a year ago on my social media feed and it could not be truer today. I had lost confidence not only in my ability to win but in my ability to show up. I revisited this and practiced what I believe, not what I was feeling. Menopause has been the hardest thing I have gone through in my life, but through some trial and error with my amazing doctor, we have found a good combination of hormones and I am feeling so much more like myself, except for the weight gain, that's nothing like me, it's awful! LOL! I'm not sure what to do about that, I mean, I know you will advise me to eat "right" and exercise but I'm doing that and I'm not only not losing any weight, I'm gaining more. It's humbling to be in this situation and to hear my doctor tell me I am completely healthy, not to worry about it.
"You just keep getting fatter, don't worry about it."
I don't want to talk about that, I will stay the course, keep eating right, going to the gym and see where this goes, but if my weight gets to 200 lbs, I'm going back to the doctor and letting her know it's not okay and I am worried about it. Come on inner power, I'm counting on you!

No comments: