Cherries

Monday, November 5, 2018

Happy Anniversary Month!

Happy Anniversary Month David Partak! I still marvel at the idea that of all the fun things and experiences I've won on the radio through the years, the most meaningful would be you (Circa 1996)? As we approach 17 years married, we are going to spend our anniversary in Tennesee while last night, you had so much fun hosting Trick-or-Treaters here at home in Auburn. We were both so exhausted come bedtime that I think I was asleep before you, which in and of itself is unusual. We plan busy days, juggle schedules, and laugh a lot, that's what we do, we laugh about silly stuff, like "Free Jesus" pizza, and how middle age has our middles expanding! After a night of laughing, the next morning we will often still be giggling through sleepy eyes - yes, we really do wake up laughing sometimes. The bumps in the road are so few, they are not even worth talking about. Our love and marriage has been easy as far as the marriage gauges go, wouldn't you agree? Way more laughter than tears and even some of those tears have come with belly laughs and a little pee, too! I am grateful every day for you, our marriage, our family, our life, and I'm the first one to say, "I won the lottery when I won this guys heart." November 9th. 

We arrived in Charlotte to have issues with my debit card, the rental car reservation and had to taxi to the hotel, where we had to pseudo hike from the street due to road construction. It’s frustrating, yes, but we are in a luxury hotel, safe and together. Tomorrow everything will work itself out. And tomorrow we will also get an hour back, so there’s that bright side, too. Sweet dreams... 💤
It appears Team Partak is back in the game. We got our rental car, went shopping for more Carolina Panthers swag than any one fan needs (WalMart baby!), and it seems we have worked out the debit card issue.


With that said, I have to share what a great feeling it's been to watch Mason move through the activities of this trip like a full blown adult. I sent him to check bags while I sat with mine and Dave's while Dave parked the car. He navigated the kiosk, got the tags on the bags, took them up to the counter and laughed with the agent, thanked the man and shook his hand before coming back to sit with our carry-ons while I went and checked my bags. He's growing up and he is so very able. It made me smile and so proud to see him taking care of himself and being good to the people he was interacting with. If you have young kids, let them do as much for themselves as they want to do. Don't worry if it takes longer or they make a mess doing it, it's okay. They will realize they need to plan their time and if they make a mess, they get a bonus life-lesson about how to clean it up. It pays off and I am sure it will give me a little added peace of mind as he heads out on his own more and more. 

Sunday we wrapped up the week at the Carolina Panthers game where they hosted the Tampa Bay Bucs. It was epic! I arranged for Dave to participate in the Salute To Service program getting to carry the flag on the field to open the game. As if that weren’t cool enough, Mason was on the Bucs side and not only got a pair of Mike Evan’s gloves, he got an official practice ball! Our trip is going great and we have barely started. Ã¥

No comments: