Cherries

Monday, November 26, 2018

Life Has It's Struggles

As I'm struggling lately with the emotions I still sometimes feel about past betrayals, my feed today is filled with messages that remind me about the people who love me, of the amazing life I get to live, and how it doesn't matter how others have treated and hurt me, it's how I have not responded in a like way.

Though I am likely far more sensitive than people realize (they only see the tough, calls-it-like-she-sees-it, doesn't give a damn Kathy), I do feel confident that I do my best to be kind first, help without being asked, and ethical to the honest best of my ability.

When Mason is struggling with high school drama, I remind him that it doesn't end with middle school, or high school, or college, or the workplace, or, or, or... The fact of the matter is that there always will be people in this world that not only find joy in hurting others but thrive on chaos and pain. It's sad but true. I advise him to do his best to eliminate these kinds of people from his life and when he can't, he's best off to not engage in the drama. Be forthright, honest & practice the golden rule and things should work out just fine. Who was I talking to?


If you are waking up in a bed with a roof over your head and your own clothes to wear, you are already blessed beyond measure. So my melancholy mood was rectified with lots of love from my friends and a big pot of homemade chicken veggie soup. Being in the south over the last week was just pure joy, lots of smiles, kind "hellos," and people are in the holiday spirit. Lots of street decorations already up and lit, cool, crisp days with stores not only playing Christmas music but so many of them have homemade hot chocolate and cider to sip while you shop, it's such a far cry from smoky California. My soup has my house smelling delicious and next up is cookies! Having Diana here for Saturday Thanksgiving was the icing on the Turkey Cinnamon rolls! 


No comments: