Cherries

Monday, December 17, 2018

Look Who's 52!

Today is my 52nd birthday! Yep, it's the one I've been waiting for all of my adult life. Why this one? I don't know. LOL! Because 52 is my number, it's the number I get when I'm in line at the DMV, when I have to check my coat at a formal event, or when I am waiting to have a sandwich made at my local deli, #52. Two years ago I set out to make an epic plan to go someplace tropical for my 52nd birthday, I figured two years was enough time to plan and save and get a group of people together for a few days of fun in the sun in December. I don't know what I was thinking! There is no way my Christmas Loving husband can be away from home for a week at Christmastime. I looked at the plans and saw that the plans weren't panning out so we made plans to spend a few days in Las Vegas with David and Lisa Anderson and I was good with that, in fact, I was excited about that plan. You see, Dave and I got engaged on December 14, 2001, way back when and to be in Las Vegas for that anniversary, with David and Lisa would have been great. Well, again, that wasn't meant to be. On Thanksgiving day I injured my right knee and just couldn't manage all the standing and walking so I cancelled Vegas and we stayed home. Dave planned a birthday party and gave me the BEST gift, he framed his favorite pictures of us, minus one he couldn't find (I'll find it and we'll put it in the middle).

It all worked out, Mason ended up having an audition that gave us some great time together. I always take advantage of the opportunities to be in the car with him for any significant amount of time, and the time to and back from San Francisco is just that. The auditions take no time at all, but we always spend a little time visiting a thrift store (something I like to do) and finding a good restaurant (something he likes to do). This time, because it was December we went to Pier 39 to see the holiday decorations and Mason had some fun with the camera on his new phone. He took a photo of me and posted this on his Instagram account -

"I love my mom so much, and I really don't say it enough, but mom I love you. I know the last couple of months have been a little bit of a struggle with High School, Jobs, and just life getting in the way. But this is my favorite picture of you, because you in this picture you are simply happy and in the moment, and that's how you live your life and that's how I wanna live my life. Mom I love you and there's no doubt about it, even when you're mad at me, or I'm mad at you you will always be my #1supporter and the love of my life because you out of everyone will always be there for me.💕"

What can I say, having Mason write something like this to me on his social media was the best birthday gift ever. He didn't write it as a birthday gift but It touched my heart that way. So here we go, I'm 52 and it's all good. 

No comments: