Cherries

Monday, December 10, 2018

Nostalgic December

Uh Oh! It didn’t look that big in the wild. Do you know a good roofer? Yes, Dave has our Christmas tree coming out fo the roof of our house. It's just one more fun idea he had and I love seeing him make his ideas real.

December is always nostalgic. When Dave was #deployed to Iraq in 2004 I made ornaments that were just photos. I sent him a little artificial Christmas tree and made him the same ornaments. That was the only Christmas we’ve ever spent apart. These are some of those ornaments. 



I'm supposed to be in Las Vegas this week celebrating my 52nd birthday with Lisa Anderson. The gift was being with her, not so much being in Vegas. Instead, I'm prepping for knee surgery after hurting my knee on Thanksgiving day. Yes, this is a bit of a pity party, but dang it, my 52nd was the birthday I was most looking forward to celebrating... Okay, enough of that. I will practice gratitude and a giving spirit today. I'm going to find ways to give of myself and anything I have not only today but every day. Happy Monday friends.

No comments: