Cherries

Monday, August 19, 2019

More Lake! More Summer! More Friends!

Remember my post about not being ready for summer to end? Well, I meant it! LOL! I'm still soaking up the sunshine (lots of sunscreen!) and love the time when our friends come out on the boat with us. Of course, lots of people say they want to join us but can never seem to make it work when we put the invite out to them. It's okay, the people who really want to come, make it work. It's interesting that some people would never imagine asking us if they can come while others will text us regularly asking what the boat schedule is for the week.

Dave has a hard time telling people they can't come, but I don't. It's just that there are times we have plans to be on the boat with a specific group of people and they expect that they will have time with us without the company of someone they don't know. I just let those people know, we already have plans with others but we'll be sure to make it happen another time. I think I'm just too old to play games and have to worry about keeping quiet or being careful that someone who wanted go didn't get to, and then they see that we were out with someone else and might be upset that we told them not this time. It makes me laugh, it's our boat, we do not need to be emotionally wrangled by an acquaintance. In any case, it's 100% true that 95% of the people who say they really want to go, don't really want to go. They like the idea of going more than actually doing it. For those who actually come with us, it's so super fun! We might bust out the big floaties, or a tube or one who wants to wakeboard or wake surf can partake in those as well. For me, I prefer to just float and bob! I know we have another month or two but schedules get busy so we end up spending less time on the boat and lake.


No comments: