Cherries

Monday, August 5, 2019

Southern California With Family


 I am so overwhelmed with incredible good emotions. When karma serves us a blow we know it’s for some sort of thing we’ve done as a consequence (bad). What is it when karma serves us up a plate of, “This is incredible!”? It must be that thing when you’re getting a pay back for the good you’ve done. Friday meeting Michael and Sari for lunch was a quick stop, but a great meal with lots of smiles. Then Saturday we spent the day at the OC Fair and as usual, it was so well done, the grounds were clean and manicured, and the exhibits are top-notch! Mason only had one cooking demo and we all got to meet Sari’s parents, they are just the sweetest, most sincere people. Patty and Robert love Michael like their own son and you can see it in the way they talk to and even look at him. The day was absolutely off the charts awesome. So much love, so much joy, so much gratitude. How did I get so lucky to get to have all of this come my way? And ultimately to look at my marriage, Dave is somebody who welcomes all of this, and Mason as an incredible kid... I just don’t know. It’s almost beyond my realm of comprehension that I could be so lucky. I’m grateful and appreciative, and whatever the other words are to express my joy are, I’m them, too. 

Sunday Dave, Mason and I all went to Los Angeles where we each had something we wanted to do. Dave wanted to visit the Drumm Barracks, a Civil War site, Mason wanted to go to the Rip N Dip and Supreme flagship stores, and my stop was to have lunch at the Original Farmer’s Market. Dave and I did not shop with Mason but I think shopping was the hi-light of Mason’s trip. Back to the Drumm Barracks, did you all know about the Camel Experiment during the Civil War? I didn’t and it was the most interesting part of the tour! I’m not going to write a whole bunch about it, but if you are interested in what I think are some little known facts about the Civil War, look up the Camel Experiment. 

Early this morning Mason got up and met Michael and they headed to the beach to go surfing. Dave, Sari and I met them late morning and it looked like they had a great time. It was fun to see both of them surfing, hanging out, laughing, it was just good. We wrapped up at the beach and had lunch before heading back up to Glendale. We had dinner in China Town and it was just good family time. I hope it’s time together that is the first of many adventures. If you know me, you know that I find so much joy in the every day, the normal, the mundane, I believe that the memories that we will look back on and enjoy the most are the everyday interactions.

The weekend was really good, in fact, it was better than good. 
It’s just all so much, so much to comprehend and process. I’m happy, complete and content, and more happy.

No comments: