Cherries

Monday, February 10, 2020

Its Blood Orange Season!

 Its blood orange season and I feel like I won the lottery! Our good friend Tim has a tree that seems to have an endless supply this year. Okay, it may not be an endless supply, but it is LOADED! I'm going to make preserves and I just had to try my pepper recipe with the blood oranges. Can I just say, it's as good as it it with mandarins! This time though, I upped the heat by using almost all habaneros. It's so incredibly hard to get the heat to come through with a recipe that calls for so much sugar, the sugar cuts the heat like crazy. Do you have any tips on how to make a jam or jelly spicy?

In other news, we closed escrow for my clients who are moving to Auburn to be closer to mountain biking, a little larger piece of land, and the most important reason, their new grandbaby! It really is my favorite part of my job, Welcome Home Bert and Suzanne! Enjoy fresh baked cookies, blood orange marmalade, and dinner Max's Auburn. I really love my people. I brought the listing agent flowers & cookies, too but we’ve not been able to connect yet. Kim for the record, I baked the cookies, they are not store-bought.



No comments: