Cherries

Monday, March 16, 2020

Teaching Mason Mom's Recipe

This week, I taught Mason how to make my mom's apple butter. I don’t remember the last time we didn’t have at least a few jars in the pantry. He wanted more so I told him it was time he learned how to make it. He rocked it but I think he needs further explanation as to what it means to preserve food (it doesn’t need to be refrigerated). Michael J. we need to make time to do some of this, too!

I also spent time this week picking blood oranges, and there are not many who would call it an official workout unless they witnessed me doing it. I was at the tip-top of the ladder, up inside the tree reaching, bending, and twisting. I’m taking it for the win and think I might even be sore tomorrow. For the record, the tree is huge!



Finally, Dave and I made time to get away, I love a spur-of-the-moment trip! We took a lovely, romantic trip to Capitola to see longtime friends and have dinner at Shadow Brook Restaurant. Dave has been coming here for 45+ years, it’s simply magical. Dave loves traditions more than anyone I know and I love how he wants to share all of his childhood traditions with me. <3

No comments: