Cherries

Monday, April 20, 2020

As the teacher of, “How To Have Tough Talks” I was the on the receiving end of one last night. I learned the MJ had some things he wanted to bring to my attention, things I’ve said that he feels were insensitive. It doesn’t matter what they are, only that he and his new wife were hurt by my words. I listened and said what I could say, “I don’t know how to do this, I’m learning as we go, and clearly I’m not doing well in some areas. I absolutely did not mean to hurt you two. I don’t like to text but it’s the preferred method of so many people today. When you text me, I’m not always in a time or space to fully engage so you get a one or two-word acknowledgments. I feel that is better than feeling like I’m not responding. I will be more aware that you see that as not hearing you and engaging.” Tough talks are not easy for either side, but they are necessary to go forward without mounting resentment and pain. I didn’t like it, but I’m so grateful he had the courage to tell me how he (they have) has been feeling. It’s not always easy but it’s absolutely worthwhile.

On a cheerier note, I’ve been busy with lots of Shelter In Place (SIP) projects around the house. Here is just a smattering of some of them…


So I joined the “Quarantine Bread Baking” crew. I’ve never made bread (not of the banana variety) and I wanted to try. I also made an accouterment for fresh-baked bread, honey butter. So good! It was not hard and I’m pretty darn tickled with myself. And then I made Rosemary rolls with black pepper. This is the first time ever I’ve used the hook attachment on my KitchenAid.


This guy was just rusted dark, it didn’t look cool rusted, it looked dirty.  I love creating cool things.


I have 6 more of these and several hummingbirds that have faded over the years. Time to freshen them up. Here are the first three. 




And my favorite, my Cherry Umbrella!



No comments: