Cherries

Monday, June 8, 2020

Mason and My Granny

Today is a new day. I fell asleep last night watching a program on the top 10 songs of 1985, my “good old days.” I feel better today because I am choosing to feel optimistic. I was crying last night and Mason said, “Mom, you are safe. This too shall pass, it won’t end racism but hopefully, this will help improve things.” Really? From my 16-year-old son? WOW! The most touching part was him saying, “this too, shall pass” as that was what my granny always said. He was born after she passed and it’s always been the little sad part of me that they did not get to know each other so for him to say that last night was kind of like she was there. Today, I choose optimism, I choose hope, I choose love, and I choose happiness.

Oh, and I choose protein over carbs! LOL! Here’s another great way to eat dinner with Dave and Mason and even have what they are having when it’s not on my plan.


Bacon Cheeseburger Salad - 

1 burger grilled with cheese

2 slices of bacon crumbled

1C lettuce

1 TBS minced red onion

1 tsp pickle relish

1 TSP mustard (dressing)

No comments: