Cherries

Monday, July 12, 2004

What Day Is This?

Hello Everybody,

Here is something anyone who has gone from a "normal" working job to self-employment, vacation or unemployment has experienced. I am writing this on Friday night. It is about 8:30 and I was SO sure it was Monday night and I had missed my motivator. So as I selected my address book I had to stop and really think about "What day is this?" Laughing. I am writing anyway and just going to save the draft for Monday.

This week has been fun. It was quite the feat to get packed and out of Auburn but once I got to Clayton, Mason and I had nothing but fun. We went to the mall with Diana, I got to get away and get my hair cut (Erika washed it for an extra long time!), I had a grown up night out at the Boot Bar (AKA The Clayton Club) and we went to the Alameda County Fair. I will send you out a copy of the caricature I had done of Mason for Dave next week after I can scan it. It is priceless.

We got to Alameda today and are now house sitting. Talk about five Star accommodations! It is a really nice place and we are quite comfortable. We had lunch with Lisa and Bettie and got to spend a few minutes with Donna too. Tomorrow (Saturday) we are going to San Jose to see Dave's family. They have not seen Mason since March, I don't think they will recognize him. I am sure our week will fill up fast. I am planning to make time to work out as Fran has so generously offered me guestship (I made that up) to the health club she belongs to across the street and it has child care. Up to two hours of someone watching Mason while I do whatever I want to. Whoo-Hoo!

I am feeling much better and hope to be on the road to a sexy new shape again. I can't imagine where I would be if this whole thyroid thing had hit and I wasn't working out so diligently. Yikes! I will finish this up on Sunday night like usual and be back on track for where I am in the week!

So here we are. Visiting with Dave's family was really nice except Dave's mom had a bit of bad fortune and was in the hospital until 4 PM on Saturday. She is OK, it was just a bummer that she missed so much visiting time with us. That's OK, we will go back next Saturday and try again. Today we went to visit my Aunt Jeannette who is loaning me her sewing machine and gave me a mini lesson. I really want to know how to sew. I will get on it when we get home and let you know how it goes.

Tonight is quiet. Mason floated for 20 one-thousands (that's one thousand one, one thousand two.....) and now we are just slowing down. I'm going to go to bed early if I can and start tomorrow at the gym. If I can only sleep a whole night through! Lots of love and enjoy this motivator!

Love Kath

The magic of kindness

Kindness is almost always bigger when it is received than when it is given. What may be a small thing for you to offer can make a tremendous difference to those who receive it.

Kindness vastly increases the effectiveness of your efforts. Even a small kindness can bring a big result. And a truly ambitious kindness can change the world. Kindness multiplies itself in a way that seems almost magical.

Those whose lives are filled with richness are those who know and understand the value of genuine kindness. Kindness is not a difficult thing to grasp or to bring about, and is freely available to all who wish to practice it.

Every day you come across numerous opportunities for kindness. Each one of them is brimming with a value more precious than gold.

Avail yourself of those opportunities to spread kindness. And know the special magic that kindness brings.
Ralph Marston from the Daily Motivator www.thedailymotivator.com

No comments: