Cherries

Monday, May 7, 2007

MM 5/7/2007

Hi Friends,

Happy Sunny Monday!

The weekend was fun but the wind sort of put a damper on it for me... I don't particularly like the wind, it makes me feel disoriented, out of sorts, in addition to the major runny nose, I just don't care for windy days. Mason and I did not let that stop us from having a fun Cinco de Mayo. Kleenex in hand, we went to Folsom for their Family Fun Day. We met Teresa and her grandson Nicholas (who is exactly one year younger than Mason) and went to the zoo, rode the train and then went to have lunch at Hacienda. It was really a nice day. Mason and I came home to take a little cat nap and then we went to downtown Auburn for another community Cinco de Mayo party. That was less fun, so we came home and had a dinner picnic in the backyard. We watched a movie together and called it a night.

Dave made it home from LA on Sunday and we had a wonderful afternoon. Dave and Mason worked in the yard and then we all had a wonderful dinner on the deck. While they were doing yard work, Mason found a BINGO game and insisted we play. Even though he is still too little, we played on the deck in the twilight until it was just too dark to stay out anymore. Dave grilled salmon and we had our first fresh, sweet, white corn of the season. And speaking of the season, Dave gave me two cherry trees for mother's day two years ago and this year, yes! They have cherries! I love cherries and even more than that, these are from our very own trees! I think we will have to call them "Love Cherries" Laughing!

So now it is off to another work week and I expect this to be a big winning week. a local radio station is giving away $1000 twice each day and I have recruited my more local friends to sign up and I will listen for their name to be called, They will then have 20 minutes to call in and claim their check. I have a very good feeling that more than one of us will win some of that money. I'll let you know next week. Have a great week!

Kathy

Practicing Gratitude

If you turn things around in your head to simply be happy being, you will find that you will have more reasons to be happy. This simply means if you feel happy, you will be happy. The things we attract to ourselves are directly related to how we feel. Feel happy? You attract other people and things happy. Feel crabby? You attract other people and things crabby. It really is that simple.

Being a Monday, lots of people will buy into being crabby because it is Monday. What a silly reason to feel negatively. Make it a point to be happy and celebrate Monday and watch how people around you react. If nothing else, you will have a better day emphasizing being happy, and after all, what really is there not to be happy about?

Kathy Partak - Original

No comments: