Cherries

Monday, June 18, 2007

MM 6/18/2007

Hi Friends!

Happy Father's Day to all of you dads and granddads. We had a wonderful Father's day. All of you know how important I feel it is for our children to know their grandparents. Well, Mason has my mom, who living in Utah, can't have the same kind of physical relationship that we could if we lived nearer to each other. He also has Dave's mom, who we see, but not often enough. Good for us, especially for father's day, we have Dave's dad here. Mason is having a ball playing games, telling stories and just spending time with his only grandpa.
We spent a great day just being together and then had company in the evening for a relaxing barbecue outside in the backyard.

This week is going to be busy, busy, busy! Which weeks aren't you ask? I ask myself that too! It is Poobah week! We are leaving for the lake on Thursday and can't be more excited. This is the 20th anniversary of the Grand Poobah and we are celebrating Hawaiian style. We are having a luau on Saturday night and have decorations galore. The pictures next week should be a lot of fun.

So now, I have 5 days of work to do in 3, so I am off and running. I hope you had a wonderful weekend with your family and will continue to share that love into this week!

Here is a great quote from an everyday guy, a father.

Make it great and watch for another e-mail from me on Wednesday.

Love you all!

Kathy

A Thought on Fathers

"Every dad has a dream, and a lot of times you can't pursue the dream as energetically as you want to. You have to balance pursuit of the dream with stability of the family. Some of my single friends can just pursue their dreams. We have to make sure that every lily pad we step on is a firm one. My dream for my family is to have a stable existence every day, [to be] happy, fulfilled, secure."
Kevin, a father
From the Oprah show Secret Thoughts of Fathers

No comments: