Cherries

Monday, June 4, 2007

MM 6/4/2007

Hi Friends,

It has been quite a week. Mason and I are both feeling better and part of that is due to Dave's return home! Yeah! He wasn't really gone all that long but it makes for a nice homecoming when we go away from each other. Something to look forward to

On Friday night, Mason and I met Dave at Julie's house in Clements and we went to the Clements Stampede. What a fun night. We were able to eat a BBQ dinner, have a few beers (juice boxes for Mason), enjoy the bull riding, and dance the night away to the live band. It was a night of inexpensive, family fun American style. Saturday we mostly just spent the day together and moved at a slower pace. Sunday, Dave had his National Guard drill and Mason and I went to the park for a picnic with some of our friends. Dave got home early enough that we ended the day having a BBQ in the back yard. For all the hard work that has been on my plate lately, this weekend was a little slice of heaven.

It is back to the grind today and I have to get 5 days of work done in 3. I leave for Texas on Thursday morning with my dear, great, wonderful friend Dahlynn. We are going to the e-women's network conference where she is a guest speaker. I know we will have a blast and I will have lots to share with you next week. I have to go now and see how big I can make my hair! You do know, everything is big in Texas!

In the spirit of Father's Day and the wonderful father I think Dave is, here is my Motivator for today:

A Thought on Fathers

"Of all my father's teachings, the most enduring was the one about the true measure of a man. That true measure was how well he provided for his children, and it stuck with me as if it were etched in my brain."

— Sidney Poitier, The Measure of a Man

No comments: