Cherries

Monday, July 30, 2007

MM 7/30/2007

Hi Friends,

Happy last Monday of July! Where has this summer gone? The good news is that August is just around the corner and you all know what that means...the California State Fair! I love the fair. I already have my tickets and we are planning to go on a Tuesday when kids are free and all rides are only one dollar! If you go on line to www.bigfun.org, you can still buy discount tickets until August 10. The poppy pack is a great value, you get four adult admissions and one parking pass for $29.00. After the tenth, it would cost $47.00.

Dave and I have been on the go like crazy. I have been working several jobs, long hours and I even worked Saturday morning. After work, Dave and I planned a camp out in our backyard. Dave barbecued a delicious tri-tip, we roasted marshmallows in the outside fireplace, and then slept out under the stars on our deck. I wish I could leave you with this idyllic picture of life in the Partak household, but in reality, it went more like this: Dave made a delicious barbecue, but it was way too hot to eat outside, so instead, we sat in the living room in front of the television. After dinner, we did go out to make smores, but Mason squawked about every little thing and when it was time to go to sleep, it seemed all was well. That was until 2:30 AM when Dave said he couldn't sleep because the dog was staring at him, so he brought him outside with us. After he settled back in, he couldn't sleep because they were both (Dave and the dog) all tuned in to every critter and leaf-crackling sound. By 3 AM, I sent him and the dog in the house to sleep in the bed so I could get back to my rest. Just as I was sleeping comfortably, Mason was awake and bouncing me off the air mattress onto the poky-leaf-covered deck! So there is the truth behind the happy family we call our own!

Finally, if you have sent me e-mails and I have not replied, please be patient. I have been in technology hell. I do not want to elaborate, but suffice it to say, I have been off line way more than I have been on line. Have a great week and in light of my technical problems, my Motivator comes from the book The Road Less Traveled: Problems do not go away. They must be worked through or else they remain, forever a barrier to the growth and development of the spirit.

Have a great week and solve those problems!

Lots of love,

Kathy

No comments: