Cherries

Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day Monday

I hope my son looks back on today, and sees a mother who had time to play. There will be years for cleaning and cooking, for children grow up while we are not looking.

WOW, short of Dave not being with us, this was the best Mother’s Day of my life. Other than Mason sticking a bead up his nose (read story on Intentional Winning blog), it was a low key, quality time weekend.

Saturday, Mason and I went to see Horton Hears a Who at our local theatre. The Old State Theatre is one of those icons that are disappearing and giving way to the mega 10 and 20 screen movie houses. Being there with Mason was like going back to my own childhood, only being able to share it with my child. We came home, watched movies, played with Riley, and cuddled until bedtime.

Sunday was more of the same. We slept in, talked on the phone with so many Mother’s Day wishers, and made breakfast together. What you ask? Mason wanted to make me the classic, baby carrots with peanut butter, and a chocolate shake. I managed to slip my coffee in this lovely meal. After breakfast we went to the local nursery and bought some tomatoes, sweet pea flower seeds, and lady bugs. We planted our plants and waited until dusk to set the lady bugs free in the back yard. After dinner and bath time, we made forts in the living room, played house, and read stories. It was pretty ideal.

I hope your weekend was as wonderful as ours was. Keep up with my blog as I will be posting your stories about your moms and the best advice she gave you. I bet we’ll all be reminded and learn a little, too!

Love,
Kathy

No comments: