Cherries

Monday, March 9, 2009

Rose Colored Glasses

Happy sunny, cold Monday!

What a busy week it was, and it looks like this new one is shaping up to be much of the same. Where do I start? It seems spring cleaning is on many minds, mine included. My girlfriends on facebook have started a "let's do this together" chat so I'll have to log on today and post the before and after pics of Mason's room. I'll put them here, too, so you can see what I accomplished. If you have kids, I'm sure you'll mock what I think is a disaster and be able to share tales and pics of much worse.

I went to Crockett this weekend and spent a night with Diana. It was so much fun to see her cute little house and hang out with the girls. Mary came over and I think the last time she and I saw each other, was late last summer when Mason and I rode BART over from Millbrae. To add even more emotional value to this jaunt, Mike met us out for a drink, a spin on the dance floor and a game of pool at the Clayton Club, otherwise known as, "The Boot Bar." See the picture below. Diana's friend Evelyn was a joy to meet and I hope I get to introduce her to Dave and Mason and meet her family this summer as well. With all this love and fun, I didn't miss that hour one little bit!

I got home Sunday feeling inspired to get the diet back on track (I know! I say this every week.), when I walked into the kitchen to see a still warm pizza on the counter, three boxes of Girl Scout cookies, and cherry-limeade flavored drinks! Sheesh, leave the boys to their own devices for 24-hours and any idea that we eat nutritious food goes right out the window! Needless to say, I ate some pizza, had a single serving of GS cookies (there is only two servings per box, right?), made a drink, and went outside to see Mason ride his new bike. Yes, Mason got a new bike. We bought it for him for Christmas, but decided not to give it to him because he already had too much stuff under the tree. The weather is not really conducive to a new bike in December anyway, so this worked out better.

The weekend wrapped with hamburgers on the grill, a dip in the hot tub, and finally, all of us laughing around a roaring fire in the backyard. It was pretty ideal if I do say so myself. Just in case you're thinking it sounds a little too ideal, I left out the part about the Miata braking down, the broken light fixtures in the backyard, and that I scraped the @#$% out of the top of my foot. Yes, I'm looking at this weekend through my rose colored glasses because there was just so much more to see that was pretty. Put your rose colored glasses on and head into your new week seeing only the pretty. If you come upon something not so nice, see if you can do or add something positive that makes it nicer than you found it!

No comments: