Cherries

Monday, May 2, 2011

History Being Made

Welcome to Monday and all that is making news in our world. Osama Bin Laden is dead. As an American I'm glad. As the wife of an active duty Soldier, I'm scared. One less terrorist leader dead is a good thing, but so many other lives were spent to get here. I don't want to go into the politics or even discuss this much, just suffice it to say, we all have so much to be grateful for and now is the time to say, "I love you." "Thank you." "I have all I need." I keep hearing how families of the lives lost on 9/11 now have closure, do you really think this one mans death is giving them closure? I'm not so sure. In any case, this is an important part of history, but how it is actually written (plays out) still remains to be seen. I say let's not let our guard down just yet.

Let's talk about sunnier subjects, like the sunshine that made our weekend so amazing! We had a really nice weekend, it was slow and lovely. We visited the farmers market where Dave got a great piece of artisan cheese and I got a bouquet of sweet peas - my favorite flowers! I picked up groceries, we watched a couple of movies, I cleaned the house (including my floors!), we grilled in the back yard and even spent some time by the pool. It was just lovely.

Dave's leg seems to be getting better as the swelling is down some, but it still seems to me to be a more serious injury than originally diagnosed. He is seeing the doc again today and I just learned that they have ordered an MRI! Hooray! It's darn near impossible to put together a plan for healing and rehabilitation if you don't know what is really wrong. Either way, Dave has a long, painful road ahead of him. I told him two nights ago how sorry I am that he is going through this leg injury. He said, "Oh it's not that bad." To which I replied, "Oh it's bad for me! I'm SO sorry you are going through this injury." Laughing! Seriously, having to carry all the groceries up the stairs and put them away is just one of the tasks I'm used having him help me with. I understand better than most how hard it is to be on crutches, so I'll be patient and do all I can to make this rehab time a little less painful.


One more thing, do you have a Dream Not Come True that you would like to bring back to life? Share it with me and let me show you all the ways you can start to make it a Dream COME true! Check out my Intentional Winning In Life blog and see what dreams I've covered so far this year!

No comments: