Cherries

Monday, September 19, 2011

Iron Chef at the Honey Festival

It's Monday and I'm a studying fool! Well, maybe not a fool if I'm studying, oh, I don't know! I'm seeing double having read so much today but not really up for yoga this afternoon. I'm not sure if my belly is knotted because I have two tests and a presentation tomorrow or maybe something else - just not feeling up to par.


This weekend was a usual Partak whirlwind. Mason played soccer on Saturday and his team won! Hooray! Last week they gave the cheering-rights to the other team so it was a good morale booster for the Lightning Balls. I spent the remainder of Saturday prepping food for an Iron Chef challenge in Granite Bay on Sunday. The contest was at the Honey Festival and boy was it a good time. Mason and Dante raced pinewood derby cars and Heather, TJ and I cooked in the challenge. Truly, the secret was in organizing my dishes with ingredients all pre-cut, chopped, sliced, diced, and measured. Even with the failure of one of my grills, I had a gorgeous plate of an appetizer, main course, and dessert ready in just 45 minutes! Add to that a honey themed cocktail and my garnish was actually a side dish. Yeah, I know, I'm a bit of an over achiever! Laughing. The only down side to the day is that the other team did not show up. I'm confident that we would have won had the other team showed up because I met the people (Yes! They were there!) and when they saw what I prepared, they came over and admitted their plan was not nearly in the same ballpark. Who knows. I know it was a lot of work, lots more fun, and team Red Headed Honey Bees won the hundred bucks. That's our team in the photo.



It's not uncommon for some of you to comment at how much we cram into a single weekend, but let me share with you, when we are all in bed asleep before 9 PM, it was a full weekend! Now I'm gearing up for a very busy school week and trying to find a way to get my house cleaned. Reading the calendar for next weekend, it says, "Don't write on me, Kathy has to clean house!"


If you are on facebook, will you check out Mason's video and vote? It's super easy and we only have 10 days left to vote - you can vote once each day. My competition got a plug from a blogger with a facebook page full of 12,000 + friends. We are still ahead, but they are closing the gap. here's the link if you're willing. :)

No comments: