Cherries

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

It's Already Tuesday!

How the heck does this happen? It's already Tuesday night and I'm just now writing my Monday Motivator. I can remember when I NEVER put a MM out late, yes, I said never. Well, I can also remember being responsible only for myself, going out until 2 AM dancing on a weeknight, and wearing smaller and cuter clothes! Today my life is all about Mason and his activities, our household and all the duties that fall under that header, and a full time school schedule. With that said, some things get done later than I would like and others don't get done at all. So be it.


Last weekend was full of fun. Friday Mason had a friend sleep over and what started out as a cam pout on the front deck turned in to being scared of ghosts and the two of them sleeping in Mason's room. Saturday Mason played his first soccer game and let's just say, it's all about having fun, right? " 'Nuff said. We took the boys to the Gold Country Fair here in town and they had lots of fun seeing their friends and riding the rides. Saturday night we met up with a group of friends and danced and sang along with Tainted Love, a great 80s cover band. I bet you are thinking, Wow! What a fun weekend. But we're not done. Mason and I got up really early on Sunday morning and each made a batch of cupcakes for the contest at the fair. Mason made a chocolate cupcake from a mix to which he added all kinds of candy bar pieces and then decorated with guess what? More candy! He called his entry "Everything But the Kitchen Sink" Pirate Booty Cupcakes. I made a spicy fig cupcake with honey cinnamon frosting. There were 14 entries in the youth category and 28 entries in the adult category. Mason took 2nd place and I took 1st place*. It was especially fun because Mason is old enough now to do all the steps. I posted the pictures below so you can see what a wonderful journey it was for him. If' you've been with me since the beginning, you'll recall photos of Mason decorating cookies as young as three years old. He's come a long way and I'm especially proud of him.


While we were having all this fun, Mother Nature has been going crazy with lightening and flash floods. Luckily, it's mostly at higher elevations, but the light shows have been wonderful! Now we're all back to work and school (some of us, both) and there just doesn't seem to be enough hours in a day to get everything done. I know you understand, your life is equally busy. Happy Tuesday and welcome to almost fall!

No comments: