Cherries

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Happy Birthday Dave!

Happy Birthday Dave! I'm not even looking at the calendar or clock, but I know it's an ungodly hour and some day during a week in June. No, really, I know it is now the wee hours of Wednesday morning and as has been rapidly becoming the norm, I'm late!
We were in Las Vegas over the weekend celebrating Dave's 50th birthday (6/26) and returned home late yesterday, er, uh, I mean Monday. There were no hangovers during the long weekend, but plenty of alcohol and late nights to be sure. We had an incredible time with a group of friends dining, dancing, gambling, sun bathing, lots of eating, country dancing and Dave, James, Lisa L, and I even rode the bull at Gilley's! Heather and I went to The Price is Right Live! and I won a $223 dollar jackpot with a .30 bet on a penny machine! Talk about a hoot!
Now it's back to reality and that spells H-O-M-E-W-O-R-K for me and just work for Dave. As it is with any vacation, there is plenty of laundry to do, groceries to buy, mail to sort, calls to return and the list goes on and on and on and on...
With that, I want to leave you with a funny quip from Mason. "Mom, I can't shower or my tattoos will come off." Me, "You smell bad, you must wash your parts." Mason, "MOM! I CAN'T! MY TATTOOS WILL COME OFF! I can't use soap where I have a tattoo." Me, "You don't have tattoos on your feet, in your armpits, in your butt crack or between your legs, put soap there!" Mason, "Oh, I didn't think I could wash separate parts."
Have a great rest of the week and I'll see ya when I see ya! Oh, and I'll post some pictures from our trip on my blog this weekend - I'll send the link for those of you who care to see.

No comments: