Cherries

Monday, July 2, 2012

Happy 4th of July!!

Happy Monday and 4th of July!
It's a short (work) week so I figured I best not be late!
I am half way through summer school and I almost can't believe I am surviving statistics. I have to share this with you because I feel it is one of the best Monday Motivator messages ever. I have a friend from school, Katey who I met when I first started back in Jan, 2011. Katey is a veteran herself as is her hubby. You can see the immediate connection we made. Since we are both pursuing a communications degree we are taking many of the same classes and wouldn't you know, Katey took this same stats class, on-line, with the same professor just last semester. That's cool, but the news gets even better, this girl printed out all of her homework and took impeccable instructional notes! She has given me her entire folder. Now before you start thinking this sounds a little like cheating, it's not, though the problems are the same, every single number in the problems are different so I have to work through them, each and every one of them on my own (but with her notes and steps to using the calculator). As if this isn't enough, Katey has spent a minimum of one day a week with me after school (we are in the same on ground class this summer), working on helping me understand the processes and mostly the calculator - she even sat with me for over 3 hours while I took my midterm - just in case I got stuck! When was the last time you gave of yourself like this? I don't know that I ever have, but I can assure you I will pay this forward! Here's what she has to say about it, "Friends help each other selflessly. A night with you at the end of the semester with a good margarita is thanks enough ;-)" Seriously!! With that, think of someone who helped you when you really needed a friend and send them a thank you, whether it's been a month, a year, or 10 years, thank them again!
On another note, Mason and I are taking a trip in August, a surprise trip! All I have told him is that he needs to earn and save his money so he will have some to spend. We have been brainstorming what he can do and one of the things he came up with was to make a RiverLights image of his own. He asked me if I would photograph it and get some prints that he could sell for a dollar each. What a great idea! He made the rock and I am photographing it today. He will be writing a bit to sell it so keep your eyes peeled for his image and pitch! As it is with Mason, after we discussed this idea and I said yes, he came back and asked, "How much do you think I can get if I sign it?" Laughing!
Have a great week and Happy 4th of July! It may initially seem like a drag that the holiday falls in the middle of the week, but maybe it's good - stay home, see your local sights and festivities and enjoy the day without lots of packing, travel and unpacking. Lots of love to you and yours!
Kath

No comments: