Cherries

Monday, June 4, 2012

June Rain

Welcome to a rainy Monday in June. I read this weekend that June 4th is historically the most likely day in June for CA to get rain and in some cases, lots of it! Just from my memory alone, I can remember more than one Poobah that had rain and for those of you who recall, Poobah was always the first week in June. It was for that very reason that we pushed it out to the third and fourth weekends as the dates worked year to year. I have certainly felt the lack of planning and excitement of not having a Poobah this year and I might add, it is both sad and validating that others in the group didn't manage to pull it together as they said they would. I've known all along what a task it is to put the camping trip together and that would be proved by the mere fact that a group of at least six people who said they would work together to do it for this year did not manage to pull it off. I guess there is a part of me that after more than 20 years would have like to seen that it meant enough to the rest of the group to make it happen. So it goes. On the bright side (isn't there always one?), instead of Poobah, we have Las Vegas on tap for Dave's 50th birthday this year - or as Dave is calling it, "Vegas Poobah." There is a group of us going and I just know we are going to have a great time!

Until then, summer school starts this week and though I only have two classes, they are Comm 2 - Argumentation and Statistics (on line). I knew I was taking on a challenge as the courses are each a 16 week curriculum condensed into only 8 weeks and the Stats class will be an extra challenge being on line. It will be up to me to figure it out and make an incredible amount of homework and 2-3 quizzes happen each week with an exam every two weeks. It was not lost on me that my professor made the course available more than a week early and "highly encouraged" us to get started, keeping in mind that our summer break was only 2 weeks. Yikes!

In addition to school starting, I am working like crazy to get my RiverLights Originals art work printed and framed as it all needs to be hung by the end of this week for the Summer Art Walk in downtown Auburn on June 14. Of course, that is the same day as Mason's dance performance (Mason has been taking Hip Hop dance lessons) so Dave will be there with him while I am meeting and greeting Art Walk goers. I was glad to know that Mason will have a second performance on Saturday the 16th, so at least I get to make it to one. So much for the lazy days of summer, it's crazy busy around here! I hope you have a great week and don't forget to vote!

No comments: