Cherries

Monday, January 13, 2014

2014 - We're In It!

Happy Monday! We are well in to the new year and so far it's going great. I spent last weekend with Julie in Angels Camp and guess what we did while we were there? Nothing. Yep, we stayed in, ate good food, pampered ourselves with all the fixin's we have at home and never find the time to use, we sat in the hot tub, drank some really good wine, watched two really bad movies (Laughing, Redbox is like a box of chocolates...), and mostly we got caught up with each other. Julie and I met at the start of 5th grade, we were 10 years old so you can see, this is a friendship that truly has earned, and deserves this kind of special attention.

On other fronts, we are in fundraising mode but working at double-speed. With two big events happening within a month of each other, you can imagine what a monumental task this is. The good news is that they are very different in nature and only one includes the auction/raffle component. If you would like to help with that, a gift card from any fast food place or Starbucks would be super cool! Those $5 or $10 contributions are easy to do and they make for lots more prizes to draw a ticket for. No pressure, I just know so many family and friends would like to help but not living nearby, just don't know what they can do. :) Speaking of Mason's school kitchen, I have a meeting with the facilities people for the school district this morning and I'm hopeful the news will be, "Yes, we can..." Instead of, "No, that's not possible...." Send me some good ju-ju and keep your fingers crossed!

I suppose I could ramble on, but I will leave you with my big "Congratulations!" To the San Francisco 49ers! They won yesterday against the Carolina Panthers and if they can keep their heads in the winning mode, they can work the same kind of winning magic in Seattle on Sunday.

Have a great week and say "yes" more than you say "no" this week. Good things happen when you say yes!

No comments: