Cherries

Monday, January 27, 2014

Post Op Pain in the Foot!

"Ouch!"
Happy Monday Friends!

Three days ago I had surgery on my ankle and foot, I’m doing okay but for the record, my surgeon is crazy! He may be medically brilliant but like every other surgeon I’ve slept with (yes, I’m technically sleeping while I am with them!), has fed me the same lines, “Oh, it’s a cinch…a simple procedure really…you’ll be on your feet in 48-72 hours…no, seriously, you’ll bounce right back.” To which I have replied, “Yeah? Have you had this procedure?” and the answer 100% of the time has been, “Well, no…” with that look that speaks volumes to the fact that their authority may have just been called in to question. I have plenty of faith in my doctors, but I just don’t buy that they can tell me how easy recovery will be when they have not been through it themselves. So, I’m fine, but really sore, swollen, and gimpy. I am not weight bearing yet but just this morning I was able to gain my balance by putting a bit of weight on my toes. I know me, I’ll be back at my normal pace in no time and one really good thing that comes out of being immobilized is I feel a surge of motivation to get active. 



Mason having fun on Good Day Sacramento

Mason did his spot on Good Day Sacramento on Tuesday and as usual, he had the morning anchors cracking up! You can see the clip here and if you are in the Sacramento area, you can tune in on Wednesday, February 5th to see him talking about his kitchen fundraisers on Fox 40 Mornings. As much as Mason likes cooking, he loves doing the live demos and television appearances. We have been brainstorming some other creative ideas to raise money for the kitchen project and Mason has a few that are so good, I selfishly don’t want to use them for the kitchen project. I know, isn’t that terrible of me?! I’ve been keeping a log of ideas and processes for fundraising ideas. I see how many young people need to raise money to reach their goals, or get to a great music program, travel to Washington DC for a school history trip, and so many other really great opportunities - opportunities that cost money. I see the real opportunity in the education the child gets by being able to create the means to get where they want to go. Now that’s a real gift! If you have some creative thoughts and ideas about how to raise money, I would love to hear them. I keep sharing with Mason that if you have a cause you feel strongly about, and you share why it is important people will support you, in their way, they will help you succeed. I’m certain Mason will succeed, not only because he feels so passionately about this project, but because he is simply not afraid to ask for help - just think about that, he isn’t afraid to ask for help. What could you accomplish if you knew you could have all the help you needed?



Hand painted flower pot up for grabs!
So today my goal is to get my hair washed and done. Laughing! Seriously, having to stand on one foot, in the shower, not getting my post-op foot wet while closing my eyes to put my head back to wash my hair - well, that’s a bit of a task! Dave will help me (Yep, that’s me leading by example!), but what does that look like? I don’t think I want to know, but I have to wash my hair, so off I go, asking for help and hopefully I will be ready to get something done by noon today! Stop waiting, stop wishing, stop complaining and start taking positive action. This is a day to get things done, so ask for help if you need it and live it for all it’s worth. Happy Monday!

PS Before you get back to your day, visit www.masonpartak.com and enter to win Mason's hand painted flower pot and candy to make your own cookie bouquet for Valentine's Day! Just leave a comment on the first post on the home page and you are in to win! Enter before February 5th.

No comments: