Cherries

Monday, March 17, 2014

Kiss Me, I'm Irish!

Happy Monday and Happy St. Patrick's Day! This is a post about kisses and kissing, well sort of, maybe about the magic of a kiss, or the possibility that a kiss could change the world...I'm smiling, are you?

The weekend was off the hook great. As a family we all went to see Mr. Peabody and Sherman and it was a fun movie. It reminded me of my childhood when we could only watch cartoons on Saturday morning - Mason still can't believe we lived under those conditions. Dave and I had a date night and went out country dancing, it's so fun to remember the things we were doing while we were falling in love. On that same train of thought, there are some really simple things you can do to keep your love alive. Saturday night Dave was waiting out by the car for me and when I came outside ready to go, he was standing by the passenger side door. I asked him if everything was okay and he said, "Yep, just waiting to open your door for you." I smiled and as I moved around to let him open the door, he faced me and just smiled making sure he had my full attention. As I looked back at him, he wrapped his arms around me and gave me an awesome kiss. These are the things that typically fall by the wayside as the years of marriage turn over into the double digits. That single, sweet gesture set the tone for an awesome night out and even rolled over to the next day as I replayed it again and again in my mind. 

On Sunday we all had our own agendas and it was as lovely as the previous day we spent together. Dave watched the Nascar race and did homework, Mason did some drawing and wrote a letter to DreamWorks, and I visited with my friend Jennifer and then spent a glorious 4 hours at the river. To me, the smell of sunscreen is the sweet smell of sunshine. While I was at the river, I penned a rock with the thought that just kept replaying itself in my memory, Kiss Me!

As we head into a new week, think about what little gesture you can do to show the ones you love how much you still love them. Dave's sweet kiss on Saturday night reminded me why he set the bar so high all those years ago while we were still dating other people. I'll save that story for another time, but suffice it to say he made a definite impression on me. Have the best week ever!

No comments: