Cherries

Monday, March 31, 2014

Good Things Are Happening

Happy Monday Friends! This weekend started out like any other, Dave and Mason were off to a game convention while I looked forward to the house all to myself. I spent some of my day working with a friend on some school work and while we were writing I got a phone call that may be the beginning of summer work for Mason. Yes, one of our local grocery stores is interested in having him do tasting and demonstrations in the produce dept. of their stores. The idea is to have a kid cook encourage other kids to try and enjoy fresh fruits and vegetables. It's basically a live cooking demo but with more one on one interaction with the people shopping in the stores. In addition to this, we got another call regarding an audition for another kids cooking show. As if this weren't all enough on the kid cook front, I got another e-mail letting us know that Mason's story and his award winning beef mandarin slider recipe is being included in a book titled FutureChefs which is due out in October of this year. The book is available for presale on Amazon.com and I can't wait to see how it turned out. The e-mail said that his recipe with test-cooked and professionally rewritten, I'm interested to see what "professionally" rewritten looks like, I mean, isn't a recipe a recipe? Heck, the recipe we submitted is the one Mason made and won the contest with. Heck, it's all an educational journey, for all of us.

I spent the day Saturday in Napa with my friend Jenn, she had some wine club orders to pick up so we packed a picnic, tasted some wine and did lots of laughing. It was misty and lightly raining and I can't think of a time I thought Napa was prettier. I made it home early enough to make some dinner and snuggle up with Spencer and watch a movie. Sunday was more run of the mill in that Dave and Mason made it home early to do their laundry and homework and I had grocery shopping and errands to run. After the work for the day was done, we all watched Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory - research for Mason and his upcoming role of Agustus Gloop. While we were watching the movie, I got the phone call that I won an iPad Air in a fund raising raffle! Whoo-Hoo! It's been quite a weekend to be sure. I don't know what will come of all these opportunities that seem to be presenting themselves, but I see that there is progress. I sometimes get frustrated that I seem to be planting seeds and doing the work to tend to my garden but nothing seems to grow. It's things like what happened this weekend that remind me to keep doing the work - now I just need to get a call or e-mail that I got the listing or my buyers are ready to buy! Happy Monday, keep doing the work, good things will come, they will.

No comments: