Cherries

Monday, March 3, 2014

Mardi Gras!

Happy Monday! Yes, it’s that time of the week again when we have to get back to the grind, or if you’re like me and working on a big fundraiser coming up on Thursday, then you’ve been working all weekend long. That’s not to say we didn’t have some fun, too though. Dave and I went to a Mardi Gras party on Saturday night and it was off the hook! We got dressed up and the hosts of the party went all out; there was authentic food like gumbo, jambalaya, red beans and rice, muffuletta, and king cake. The bar was fully stocked with Hurricanes and the DJ was playing lots of Bayou tunes. The decorations were amazing, too. “WOW!” was all I could say. It was lots of fun and I can’t wait to go again next year.

Now it’s back to the upcoming Celebrity Chef Challenge - our advance ticket sales are really down so I am hoping that all of the promoting Mason and I have been doing will bring plenty of “at the door” sales. Wish us luck and strong attendance! I’m especially excited as right after the event, we are heading to Lake Tahoe with Greg and Heather and the boys. It will be nice to get away after all this work - I hope I get to go with the news that we made lots of money for Mason’s school kitchen. I’ll keep you posted.

I hope you have a great week, I know I will!

No comments: