Cherries

Monday, March 10, 2014

Wild Success!

Mason hiking at Taylor Creek in Tahoe
The Celebrity Chef Challenge was a wild success on Thursday night. I was worried because we had not done a very good job pre selling tickets, so I wasn't sure what the turnout would be. It turns out I was worried for nothing! Dave, Mason and I made all the decorations for the 68 eight foot tables and between Mason and I, we gathered more than 85 raffle and auction items to raise more money for the school kitchen. I don't have the final numbers, but I can guess that with over 500 people in attendance we not only made the $5000 for the grant, but I'm hopeful we made another $1000+ for our raffle and auction efforts. I'll let you all know next week when I get the real numbers. If my calculations are correct, Mason has raised more than $15,500!

After the event, Dave, Mason and I headed up to Lake Tahoe to spend a few night with the Garcias. It was a nice weekend to relax and visit with friends we don't get to see often enough. Now it's back to normal life - normal life? What exactly is that? I don't know, but I do know I am excited to get busy with real estate and there is still work to do to get the kitchen in at AVCCS. I have an appointment to meet a family who may want to list their house for sale so wish me luck! On another note, Mason has started taking acting classes and he is going to be taking on the role of Agustus Gloop in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. It's fun but he's got some catching up to do as the group he joined has been working on this for a month already. He can do it, I have no doubts.

I hope you all have a great week and I want to thank you for all your support of Mason's kitchen project. Though he is only 10 (and it shows sometimes!), he really has worked hard on this project. I hope that once we get this kitchen in the school district will make some positive changes with regard to healthier meals for our kids at lunchtime. With love!

No comments: