Cherries

Monday, June 9, 2014

Epic First Days of Summer Vacation 2014

Happy Monday, 
 
It's been a heck of a weekend but a wonderful welcome to summer vacation for Mason. Dave is off working (an not liking it all that much) while I am holding down the fort and doing my best to make memories with Mason. Late last week I got the opportunity to use two nights in Lake Tahoe at a lovely resort so when Mason got out of school on Thursday I picked him up and we hit the road. He was surprised and excited at what he initially thought was my sheer spontaneity to take off and spend two nights in Lake Tahoe. He realized I had planned it when he saw I packed for the two of us for the couple of nights. It was so fun, Mason had never been to Lake Tahoe during the summer months hence he had never played in Lake Tahoe. We rented a paddle board and I could see he felt an immense amount of freedom as he paddled out as far as he wanted. He ate at an IHOP for the first time, we went to a movie, he played mini golf, we battled it our over several games of air hockey, we worked on his cook book (which we plan to finish this summer) and we tootled the shops - you know how us Partaks like to do that! In the room, we watched TV and ate plenty of crap food. Best of all, we laughed a lot, and that's the best return on this investment I could ask for!
Paddle Boarding!

 
On the way home, we stopped at Emerald Bay to take a few pictures, it was awesome. I know we have lots of fun coming this summer, but I don't know that I could top that "Start to Summer Vacation 2014."
 
 
Toes in the sand.
In other news, we have to move. I know, I know, we just got here! Well, it's been two years and the owners of this house want to move their family in. Our lease isn't up until 8/31 but they have listed their house and are hoping to move in before that date. The real pain in the butt about it is we can't use Dave's VA loan until 9/24 when our short sale is officially 2 years old - talk about crappy timing! So now I am trying to work my magic and find a short term rental that will allow us to rent month to month while we shop for a new home. Now for those of you thinking, I thought they were planning to move to the east coast, we are, it's just going to be a few years later while Dave works to finish out his military career so he can collect his full retirement as he moves into he next career as a park ranger. Wish us love and luck because this kind of juggling is no fun!
 
June 5th - Last Day of School

As if that weren't enough, Mason has cooking demos in Petaluma in June, and Napa and the State Fair in July, yeah, life goes on. I hope you are well and enjoy a few of the photos from my trip to Tahoe with Mason.

No comments: