Cherries

Monday, June 2, 2014

The Last Week of School!

Happy Monday!
 
This is the last week of school for Mason and to say he is excited would be an understatement. And the start of summer is not the only exciting news in the Partak household, I am working on a great real estate transaction with buyers who were referred to me. We open escrow today and if all goes smoothly, we will close on June 30th. I am over the moon! Dave is still working on classes while planning some continuing education with work, that means 4 weeks away from home, but after 18 month deployments, we laugh in the face of 4 weeks!

Mason and I are gearing up for the summer fair season and cooking demos. We have the Sonoma County Fair on June 18th in Petaluma, the Napa County Fair on July 4th and then the California State Fair on July 16th. Of course there will be lots of time at the river in between cooking gigs. I'm hoping we can squeeze in a camping trip this summer, but we'll just have to see how things play out. We are also planning to see many of our friends the last Saturday in June as David and Lisa Anderson plan to retire. I hate to see them move, but I am excited for them at the same time. It's all good, moving into those next phases of our lives should be exciting and I know David and Lisa are chomping at the bit to get to living the life of luxurious retirement.

What do you all have on the schedule for this summer? I would love to hear your plans, do tell!

No comments: