Cherries

Monday, September 22, 2014

The Auburn Fall Home Show is Coming!

California is on fire but it looks like we have some rain on the horizon! I sure hope so, it is fall after all.

Speaking of fall, this coming weekend is the Auburn Fall Home Show and Mason and I will be cooking up a storm - we each have 2 days of cooking. Mason is planning to make his Fall Harvest Hash with homemade breakfast sausage, which by the way, Dave says is the best recipe he's ever cooked up! I'll be making my blue ribbon Toasted Coconut Butternut Tart. Yep, I said blue ribbon, it won first place at the Auburn Community Festival a few years back. Part of what makes it such a winner for me is that Dave does not like coconut but he loves this tart. Stay tuned for what I am sure will be lots of fun photos from the home show, oh and here's another little snippet of something fun... click here to see the 27 second video of Mason promoting Red Walnuts.

You can get the recipes for both of Mason's dishes on his website at www.masonpartak.com.

No comments: